CC July News Roundup!
Hello friends, it’s been a while since we rapped at ya!
Our shows in Baltimore (both of em!), Columbus, Canton and DC over the past few months went extraordinarily swimmingly, and we’ve got more great stuff on the way! July 20th in Frederick at Cafe 611 for Franfest XXXV, and July 26th in DC at The Pinch! Followed by a massive tour starting August 7th in Chapel Hill, North Carolina! Also, Andrew got engaged to longtime girlfriend Colleen Connelly! Wow!
We will announce our new album and preorders for that soon. In the meantime feast your eyes on our tour poster, and keep checking our Shows section for all the most current information. Also please keep up with us on facebook and instagram where we are updating you all daily with news about the tour, album and so much more!
Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes! Plus 25% off everything!
June 1st – Oliver Brewing Company, Baltimore, MD with Lionize and Distinguished Gentlemen *only USA Lionize show all summer!*
Can You Believe All This CC News?
1. We have signed a two-album deal with Magnetic Eye Records, one of our favorite labels in the world of heavy music. We couldn’t be more thrilled to be a part of the Magnetic Eye family! We will be releasing a full length in late summer/early fall 2019, and another in 2020. Exciting!
2. We will be appearing on Magnetic Eye’s Best of Black Sabbath compilation, which will be a companion piece to Magnetic Eye’s Vol. 4 Redux, which will feature Zakk Wylde, Thou, Whores., Bongzilla, The Obsessed, and more heavy metal legends! Our compilation features Earthless, Year of the Cobra, and other awesome bands! Magnetic Eye has made its mark lately doing the best tribute albums of all time – for Pink Floyd’s The Wall, Hendrix’s Electric Ladyland, and Helmet’s In The Meantime, and we couldn’t be happier to be a part of this continuing series.
3. Tomorrow night, Saturday March 30th, we’re playing at Buddy Fest at the VFW in Falls Church, VA to celebrate our friends The Mostly Dead and their new album The Inadvertent Deerhunter. Details HERE, we play at 10:30, and there are tons of other great bands as well. Sorry to bury the lede here but this is the FINAL SHOW of the Yonki-Beringer-Zaenker power trio lineup and will conclude the MARK II era of CC (2013-2019). You may not hear some of these songs played for a long while, so come on out if you are local! All changes to the CC lineup will be announced next week. We’re not going anywhere.
4. We have been nominated for 3 Wammies! The Washington Area Music Awards are a long-running award series honoring the best in DC music – and we’re pleased as punch to be nominated for 3 awards – best hard rock band, best hard rock song, and best hard rock album for 2018’s Pantheon: Vol. 3. The award ceremony is Sunday night March 31st in DC at The Lincoln Theater, and you best believe we’ll be there, dressed to impress – folliow us on Instagram to see!
5. Speaking of Pantheon: Vol. 3 and The Pantheon Collection: Volumes 1-3, they’re both still ready to be ordered by YOU on bandcamp and big cartel! Need convincing? Check out all the press (with more to come!) that both records have been receiving HERE!
6. The NEW Caustic Casanova lineup will be announced next week, and that lineup will be playing a bunch of shows this spring and summer. Check out dates HERE. Keep checking facebook and our site because more will be announced soon.
7. The NEW Caustic Casanova lineup has already recorded one half of our 2020 record, a 22 minute side-long epic song. We did this back in February and it sounded great! J. Robbins of Jawbox fame was back at the producing healm, as always.
Happy Belated 2019, CC Nation!
Have you had a look around? Enjoying the brand new CausticCasanova.com? We certainly are! It’s just lovely in here.
We hope all CC fans worldwide had a great holiday season and are gearing up for a great 2019.
Here’s a few things!
1) Have you seen? Have you heard? The long-awaited completion of the Caustic Casanova Show Archive has come! Every show, every venue, every set list (we think!) is in the new CC complete gigography. Some bands are missing – if you’ve got info, send it along, we’d love to have every last detail accurate. Take a trip down memory lane and click on a year to get started!
2) Teeth of the Divine named Pantheon: Volume 3 one of the top ten EPs of 2018. Considering late in the year releases rarely make top ten lists, it’s an extra special honor to be included. Thank you!
3) Listen to our set from Smith Public Trust in DC on June 20th with Maeth and Technicians, recorded by Allan Brenner!
4) Watch our entire set from our Dec. 1 release show at Atlas Brew Works in DC, filmed by Sandi Redman, including the debut of our new 22 minute song Night Fruit! The Wayward and Black Lung were amazing that night, their entire sets are up on youtube, also recorded by Sandi! The playlist is in reverse order – you’ll figure it out.
Release Day Is Here! The Release Show In D.C. Is Tomorrow, Sat. Dec 1st!
Friendly reminder that Caustic Casanova’s newest releases – the colored vinyl EP Pantheon: Volume 3 and the CD/cassette release The Pantheon Collection: Volumes 1-3 are now available! You can listen to both on bandcamp, and Pantheon: Volume 3 is available on Spotify, Itunes and all the other usual streaming and download services. For those who have previewed the bizarre instrumental prog-punk jam Clown Butter, the three other tracks are nothing like it so you’re in for a nice surprise. And we really want to hear what you think of our cover of Weedeater’s God Luck and Good Speed! Leave us a comment on facebook, tweet at us, or leave us a comment on instagram!
We’ll keep the bundles up through the end of the weekend on bandcamp in case anyone who missed those preorders wants to get in on that.
For those in the Washington/Baltimore metro area, make sure to come out to our release show tomorrow, Saturday December 1st at Atlas Brew Works in DC, with The Wayward and Black Lung! Show starts at 8 pm with The Wayward opening. 21+, $10 at the door, everyone in attendance gets a free CD or cassette of The Pantheon Collection: Volumes 1-3. Wow!
Also! To those who consume music via Spotify, Youtube, Google Music and the like – thank you for noticing the removal of our 2015 album Breaks from those services last week. We are doing everything we can to get this remedied by Retro Futurist Records. One way or another, Breaks will be back online soon for your listening pleasure.
Thanks for everything CC Nation – you rule!